This springy salad get a kick from plum and Jonathan Bardzik’s vinaigrette which made an appearance in our Spring 2016 issue and has become an Edible DC favorite.
For the salad
- 3 cups torn butter lettuce
- 2 dried figs, thinly sliced
- 1 plum, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes sliced very thinly
- ¼ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 8-10 Cannabis leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 4 ounces feta cheese or goat cheese crumbled to finish (Use a creamier textured feta rather than day, such as Mt. Vikos Barrel Aged Feta)
For the dressing
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
Combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl large enough for tossing, and top with feta.
In a medium bowl, combine the shallot, sugar, mustard and vinegar with a pinch of salt. Whisk together. While whisking, add oil to vinegar in a thin stream to form a creamy emulsion.