By AJ Dronkers
Whether you want to celebrate your love and/or let the good times roll with friends, this year the convergence of Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day has given us reasons to rejoice. (Not to mention the Olympics!) Rest assured, our talented food and beverage folks are pulling out all the stops. Get your calendars out, our guide to the upcoming madness follows.
Valentine Events, Multi-Course Meals, + Gift Ideas
Osteria Morini Pasta is for Lovers Cooking Class Class
Hands on pasta experience with Chef Ben Pflaumer followed by 3-course lunch, $105/person.
Watergate Hotel’s Chalet Winter Wonderland
Think an après-ski scene straight from the Swiss Alps! There will also be a romantic chocolate bar in the evenings.
The Hay Adams has the Perfect Proposal Package
Think fresh flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne with a three-course dinner at The Lafayette. The package also includes a private two-hour tour of the National Mall before or after dinner.
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
Escape to Virginia wine and hunt country with a romantic dinner and staycation at the Goodstone Inn & Restaurant. In fact you get 25% off your stay if you book dinner and a stay!
Iron Gate's Tunnel of Love
The Iron Gate Carriageway Bar has been restyled into an over-the-top heart-shaped, candle lit, flowered tunnel of love. No reservations required and a custom V-DAY menu is a la carte.
Multi-course Valentine's Day Meal specials:
- Tico Caribbean seven-course menu $75/person
- The Riggsby four-crouse prixe fixe $95/person or $160/person with wine pairings
- Rasika West End (Indian) four-course prixe fixe $85/person or $125/person with wine pairings
- Le DeSales (French) four-course prixe fixe $65/person
- Bibiana (Italian) four-course prixe fixe $85/person or $130/person with wine pariings
- Blue Duck Tavern four-course prixe fixe $125/person
- Equinox four-course prixe fixe $87/person or $125/person with wine pairings
- BRABO six-course prixe fixe $95/person
- CORK Wine Bar six-course champagne dinner $100/person
- Requin five-course meal $125/person
Buttercream Bakeshop – Women Crush Wednesday Bars
Raresweets - Love Song Lyric Cookies
UrbanStems - Get 20% off with code "VDAY20"
Grape Intentions + Harper Macaw = Wine + Chocolate
Mardi Gras Round Up
Next week is Fat Tuesday but there are a variety of events happening across the region starting this weekend. Let the good times roll:
BlackJack Bayou Bottomless Brunch on Sunday 2/11
The Royal on Monday 2/12
Celebrating Worldwide Carnival Traditions from New Orleans to Trinidad. Think King Cake and Ramos Gin Fizzes, Hurricane Sazeracs, Rum Punch for $8.
Brookland’s Finest Tuesday 2/13
Louisiana cuisine with crafted cocktails from One-Eight Distilling. $35/person
Mardi Gras Extravaganza Tuesday 2/13
Union Market Dock 5. 6-10 PM. 20 chefs serving their best take on New Orleans classics and 10 top bartenders serving up a twist on the Hurricane cocktail.
King Cakes. Here's where to order one: