By Thomas Martin, Edible DC Contributor Photos by Jai Williams
Some would say that summer begins on June 21, but DC foodies know that the true harbinger of summertime is EdibleDC's Eat/Drink Local event. Hosted once again at the Long View Gallery in Shaw, our fourth annual celebration put the theme of color front and center this year. From sultry red wines and pistachio green macarons to drag queens clad in pink boas and guests dressed in saturated shades, the festive embrace of all things colorful was front and center that night. In true EdibleDC fashion, a thunderstorm swept into town just as the event began. But even the rain could not dampen our excitement.
Guests enjoyed drinks and bites from restaurants, wineries, distilleries, and breweries from throughout the DMV, and made everlasting memories with our photo booth. VIP guests went home with yellow jute EdibleDC gift bags overflowing with goodies. We'd like to give a special thanks to both our sponsors and our vendors—this event wouldn't be possible without you. See a photo recap of the event that follows.
Thanks to our amazing event partners which include:
- Presenting sponsor the Mandy & David Team
- Heirloom Catering & Event Design for catering and logistics support
- Long View Gallery event venue
- Limonata Creative Consulting photo booth design and event signage
- FROST Lighting Company
- Brightly Ever After marquee letters
- BD3 Design back gallery furniture and design
- OM Digital photo booth technology