Recipe by Melissa Beazer, From the Farmer Sponsored
Yield: ~1 quart
- 2 cups white beans (mayocoba, great northern, or cannellini)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 pinches sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Roast the sweet potatoes and garlic. Rub sweet potatoes with a little oil (olive or coconut oil work well) and place in a baking dish. Cut top off garlic, exposing the tops of the cloves, and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil. Roast sweet potatoes and garlic at 400 F for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork to check if they are ready - you will want them to be very soft.
2. Once the potatoes have cooled off, peel the skins off. Chop them into big chunks and place them in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend on high to mix. Taste and adjust oil and salt accordingly.
3. Serve with raw veggies, crackers, or bread.