by Dram & Grain
*Warming notes of oats, brown sugar and dark fruit with a luscious mouth feel and citrus balance.
3 Dashes D&G Barrel-aged bitters (home bartenders can sub with Angostura)
0.75 oz fresh Lemon Juice
0.50 oz Malmsey Madeira
1.00 oz Malted Barley Orgeat**
1.50 oz Virginia Distilling Co Port Finished Single Malt
Instructions: Build cocktail in a shaker tin, shake vigorously and double strain into chilled copper coupe.
**Malted Barley Orgeat
200 g Malted Barley
500 g Water
400 g Light brownsugar
5 g Gum Arabic
½ teaspoon potassium sorbate
1 gallon measuring cup
1 Quart container
- Combine barley and water in the blender and blend thoroughly.
- Fine strain barley water through chinois and correct volume back to 500 g.
- Combine barley water and sugar in the blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add 5 g xanthan gum and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in potassium sorbate.
- Store in quart container in refrigerator.