This recipe is from our BKK cooking class feature My, Myself and Thai.
Step 1: Make the dressing
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup palm sugar (warmed to be liquefied)
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use. This dressing can keep for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Step 2: Make the salad
- 1/4 cup papaya salad dressing (see above)
- 2 cups green (not ripe) papaya, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Thai chili peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 green beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted, crushed peanuts
- 6-8 grilled shrimp
- In a mortar bowl, smash the garlic and Thai chilies
- Add and smash tomato, peanuts, and string beans
- Add the dressing (or more, to taste), then add papaya and smash
- Top with shrimp and crushed peanuts