Warming, brisk, fruity and bubbly, this is a sensational punch to start a holiday celebration dinner.
Recipe by Luca Giovannini, Corporate Beverage Director, Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
- 1 cup Calvados or other apple brandy
- 1 cup spiced honey syrup (recipe follows)*
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- Slices of lemon and orange and strips of lemon zest for garnish
Combine the brandy, spiced honey syrup, fruit juices, and prosecco in a large punch bowl with ice. Garnish with slices of orange and lemon.
For each serving, twist a strip of lemon zest over the glass just before serving.
- Spiced honey syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon stick (broken into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Toast the spices in pan over low heat until fragrant. Add the honey and water, and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let the mixture cool down and strain through cheesecloth.
Back to the full story, Fresh Take on Fish Feast